There will be three categories:
Prettiest Packaging - Go wild decorating your jars! Think outside the little piece of gingham fabric that one adorned the tops of winter gifts of canned goodies and come up with your own ideas! Take a picture of your decorated jar and tell us what you did with it. Remember to keep it safe and non-toxic!
Best Winter Stash - Who can squirrel away the most and best winter provender? Take a picture of your stash with a list detailing what your stash consists and post it!
Most Creative Recipe - Come up with the most creative recipe that you can while still staying within the boundaries of safe food preparation. Then post your recipe or ingredients to show us what kind of yumminess you came up with.
Rules and How To Enter
- Anyone can enter the contest. All you need is the desire and ability to can your food.
- In order to enter you can do any of the following:
- Write a blog post explaining your entry complete with pictures and information on the category you are entering. Then post a link to it in the comments section.
- You can also post you pictures and information on our Facebook page if you do not have a blog and then share your post on your own wall so that your friends can see your entry.
- You may submit one entry per category, but each person will only be eligible for one prize overall.
- Contest will close at 11:59pm E.S.T. on Sunday, September 30th. The winners will be announced and prizes sent out on October 5th.
First place winners in each category will win a 6 piece cotton napkin set from Solstice Fiber Arts with their chosen initial or symbol and color.
Second PlaceSecond place winners in each category will receive a set of 4 felted fruits in a cornucopia just perfect for a harvest time nature table!
Third PlaceThird place winners in each category will receive a box of liquid fruit pectin, a box of regular mouth canning lids and a box of wide mouth canning lids to get you started on next year's canning.
Happy Canning! Check back here often to see any new entries!